Springfield Writers’ Guild was established in 1943.Purposes
- Encourage local writers in their craft.
- Provide mutual support among members.
- Encourage aspiring writers to become published writers.
- Recruit members into the Missouri Writers’ Guild.
- Encourage writers in the marketing of their literary material for payment.The Guild accomplishes these purposes by emphasizing mentoring, genre interest, motivation, publishing, and writing skills.
Attend for Free
Our meetings are free to visitors and we hope you bring a friend. You will find writers of mystery, romance, children’s literature, westerns, science fiction, mainstream, and nonfiction. Members write newspaper and magazine articles, books, short stories, poetry, and just about anything that informs, educates, and entertains.
Mark your Calendar
We meet the fourth Saturday of each month, except December, at McAlister’s Deli, 1711 West Battlefield Road, Springfield, Missouri. Meetings begin with a mentor hour for members’ work at 11 a.m. You may participate in discussions, but only members’ work will be discussed.After lunch on your own, reassemble at 1 p.m. for the guest speaker, followed by a business session and drawings for door prizes.