Benefits of Membership
- Receive monthly newsletter The Freelancer delivered by mail or postal mail.
- Be recognized in The Freelancer for your writing accomplishments.
- Sell your books at meetings and at book signing events.
- Participate in drawings for door prizes.
- Receive constructive criticism of your work during the mentor hour.
- Have your photo, contact information including website or blog, and your writing interests listed in the annual membership directory.
- Access to workshops, conferences, and activities of other groups.
- Participate in certain contest categories of Missouri Writers’ Guild.
- Grow your writing business.
- Strengthen your writer’s platform.
- Make new friends.
- Learn great techniques you can use.
- Share your experiences; we are all learners and teachers.
- Eligible to serve on the board, vote in elections, and vote on Guild business.
Annual dues of $15 are for January through December.
BECOME A SWG MEMBER
Once your payment is received, you’ll receive a welcome letter from the SWG Board.
IF YOU WOULD RATHER MAIL YOUR APPLICATION ALONG WITH A CHECK:
Print out the Word form and mail it to:
Lynette Garrison, SWG Treasurer
831 W. Whiteside
Springfield, MO 65807
Order your copy of the Guild’s first anthology of members’ works. Eighty-eight pieces of fiction and nonfiction by thirty-six authors. Mystery, science fiction, romance, poetry, true stories, humor, and inspirational. Hours of enjoyment.
Makes a great gift. Available in paperback and e-book from Amazon.