Springfield Writers’ Guild provides in-house writing contests three times a year. You must be a member to participate. The goal of these contests is to help writers hone their skills and provoke the imagination. SWG members select the winners by reading blind copies (no author given). Awards will be given at the April meeting.
The SWG spring literary contest runs from January – March 31.
PROMPT: “THE KEY”
- Write a 750-word (or less) story or poem on the prompt: “The Key”
- Any genre
- The title does not count toward the word count
- Do not put your name on the manuscript
- Members only
- Winners of the winter contest are ineligible
- Deadline: March 31, 2023
- Send as a .doc, .docx, .txt, or .odt to firstname.lastname@example.org
CASH PRIZES OF $75/1st prize – $50/2nd prize – $25/3rd prize and Honorable Mention
No picture is given so that your imagination soars! Is it a house key? Key to my heart? Locker key? Mysterious key found? Key to a treasure? A locket key? Some other kind of ‘key’?
So many options – so many stories to tell. Choose wisely! We look forward to reading your story!
Stories are added as they come in.