SWG Fall Writing Contest
Prizes of $75-first, $50-second, $25-third and honorable mention
Writing from a picture prompt: Look for the obvious – and then look for clues for a story. Some questions to ask –
1. Who is he? Why is he alone? What’s his thoughts? Why isn’t he with the group across the lake?
2. What lurks in the forest? Or in the lake? What is beyond the mountains?
3. Is he waiting for someone? Or running away? Hiding in plain sight?
Your story may be creative nonfiction (i.e., a semi-true story) or fiction, or an essay (true life story).
- 750 words or less or a one-page poem
- Any genre
- Deadline: October 31 at midnight
- Winners of the Summer Contest are ineligible
Contest winners to be announced in November
Entries (in order of submission)
The White Cliffs
A Peril Affair
To My Surprise
The Lake’s Charm
The Cochlear Implant
Dr Scott Pascum
Pull, Pearle, Pull
Terror at Turtle Lake
Love and Warfare
Saying Goodbye to Savannah
Meeting at the Lake
Heart of an Explorer